Winter is fast approaching and some of us are already starting to feel the chill in the air. Our heating installation experts at AJ Palmer Electrical can provide a quality service to install the right heating option for your needs and intended usage.
All electrical heaters come with their own list of Pros and Cons, depending on the level of usage, location and size of the room you are trying to heat. Electrical Fire Heaters and Panel heaters are a popular, energy efficient and safe choice when it comes to Heating appliances and AJ Palmer Electrical can provide the right advice when it comes down to making these important decisions. Our solutions are safe, energy saving and include all manufactures warranties.
Alternatively – if you already have an Electrical heating appliance that may not have seen the light of day since last winter, it is important that you conduct some safety checks prior to using them.
Electric heaters such as Radiant Heaters, Oil-filled Column Heaters, Convection Heaters and Fan Heaters should be checked for obvious damage before use. Things to look for are rusted reflectors and frayed or damaged power cords from rodents, old age or over use.
AJ Palmer Electrical offer testing and tagging services for home users and businesses and will ensure your mind is at ease when using your heating appliances this winter.
Indoor heaters pose many risks which can vary depending on the type of heater and must always be used with caution. Following a few key safety tips, will help to keep you and your family safe and warm this winter:
- Never leave electric heaters unattended.
- Place the heater in a location away from heavy foot traffic or children & pets and on a level surface.
- Avoid placing portable heaters on table tops – unless specifically designed for this purpose.
- Keep flammable materials away from all heaters – this includes curtains, upholstery, towels and clothes.
- Avoid plugging your heater into power boards, double adaptors and extension cords. Heaters draw large amounts of power and may overload the supply.
Call AJ Palmer today for a free quote for all your heating needs – Heating Installation, Testing & Tagging, or advice on the right system for you!